The scientific programming for IUFRO Congresses is developed in a collaborative manner: participants are invited to submit proposals for sessions, and those chosen will comprise part of the programming.
Once the sessions are selected, participants are invited to submit papers and posters from October to December 15.
The plenary sessions are defined by the Scientific Committee, the IUFRO Board, and the organizing committee.
The technical excursions are selected to include a diverse range of site visits and research underway at these locations, and also take into account the Congress’s 5 themes and distance from the event.
The IUFRO 2019 Congress Scientific Committee (CSC)
– Jerry Vanclay (Chair)
– Pil Sun Park (Division 1)
– Santiago González-Martínez (Division 2)
– Woodam Chung (Division 3)
– Donald Hodges (Division 4)
– Pekka Saranpää (Division 5)
– Cecil Konijnendijk (Division 6)
– Eckehard Brockerhoff (Division 7)
– Sandra Luque (Division 8)
– Alexia Stokes (Division 8)
– Daniela Kleinschmit (Division 9)
– Björn Hånell (Vice‐President, Divisions)
– John Parrotta (Vice‐President, Task Forces, Special Programmes, Projects and IUFRO‐led Initiatives)
– Salina Abraham (International Forestry Student’s Association)
– Joseph Cobbinah (President’s Nominee for Africa)
– Manuel Guariguata (President’s Nominee representing Latin America)
– Patricia Mattos (COC representative)