Curitiba is a strategically located city in Brazil and Mercosul, closer to capitals like São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Florianópolis and Porto Alegre, and countries like Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. For more information about how to get to the city, click here.
Curitiba has good public transport, and there are a number of buses that complement the IUFRO2019 bus lines. Use navigation apps (Google Maps, Waze, etc.) to see routes to ExpoUnimed.
The Moovit app provides information on bus routes and schedules.
Bus fare is R$ 4.50; payment is only accepted in Brazilian Reais.
You can also get a bus card (Cartão Simples). For more information, see http://urbs.curitiba.pr.gov.br/utilidades/cartao-transporte (information in Spanish and English is available by clicking on the flags at the top of this page)
Taxis and apps such as Uber and 99 work well in Curitiba.
If you prefer to use an executive taxi with a bilingual driver, this can be arranged by phone or Whatsapp at +55 41 99986-1364; this service is available in Portuguese, English, and German.
From the airport, your options are:
– Executive bus: pickup point is at the last exit as you leave the airport, on the right
– City bus (Ligeirinho): pickup point at the last airport exit, in the bus tube station on the right
– Taxi: pickup point at the first exit as you leave, on the left side
– Apps such as Uber and 99: pickup point at the last airport exit, on the right
– Book a bilingual executive taxi: +55 41 99986-1364
Paid parking is available at Positivo University.